Monday, December 12, 2005

Beauty or Art?


Three days of continuous visit to Bengaluru Habba has finally rewarded me.. I got what I wanted!! This is the painting I liked very much and got it after a lot of contemplation. A big NO NO from friends, this art is not that much worth, etc, etc, I mean how can someone gauge the value of an art, its just upto the person who is appreciating it. I have to confess that this is the first painting I have bought... The photo might not give the exact feeling of seeing the painting, but the painting is soo beautiful.. first of all the black background, then the lamps, the mesmerizing beautiful lady, the effect of light of her face.. the light is more on the chin and reduces as it goes upwards till the forehead.. the glitter on the jewelry.... I'm not sure if this is the imagination of the artist or he made someone stand there for hours to get this masterpiece... whatever it is.. he is great.. hats off to him!!!

I took it home with a huge grin on my face and was trying to find a suitable wall for this... Even though Amma commented that the price is a bit high, I feel it is more worthy and I am proud to own it!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chalo !! happy to know that ur satisfied with what u did!!!
Sometimes it is better to do what u feel like rather than listen to what others say..but be careful this might not always be true .. there are somethings in which others opinions counts a lot.. :)

DD

Anu said...

beautiful painting! who is the artist?

Arun said...

[DD]: Thanks, BTW, do you have a real name?
[Anu]: Artist name is Murugesan.

Anonymous said...

well !! y do need to know my real name ? how does it gonna make any diff ..

DD again :)

Arun said...

[w_u]: ha ha ha.. very funny.. :)
BTW, where did u disappear all these days? blogspot.com almost decided to remove the comments section ... just kidding ;)